What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 6180 / 6181 - 21 October 2016
||Applies to NEO Pro 6.0
This describes the changes in the following release:
Version: 6.0 Build 6180 (x86 for 32 bit Outlook)
Version: 6.0 Build 6181 (x64 for 64 bit Outlook)
Released: 21 October 2016
For a listing of what is changed in this build version, please see
For what's new in NEO Pro 6 please see the What's New for this new version.
What's new in this build 6180/6181:
- Online Archive folders from Office 365 can now be added to the NEO Pro catalog. As these folders are only available on the Exchange server (there is no local copy) initial synchronization may take a long time depending on number of items in the archive. Also, due to the online nature no real-time synchronization is possible hence NEO Pro will update this Online Archive together with updating the Word Index (which is by default every hour).
- For all folders within NEO Pro, the default Folder Count can now be specified under Tools, Options, Format tab ('Unread', 'Total' or 'Both') which will then be used for every new folder created within NEO Pro.
- All existing folders can now be updated with this defined default folder count as specified under Tools, Options, Format tab with the button provided at that same location.
- On the View tab, the Office 2016 styles have been added to the Ribbon Style button (a.o. the colorful style which is default for Office 2016).
- Folder names in the NEO Pro message list were not always showing the relevant information - folder names will now use all available space of the column and if needed to be truncated will do so from the middle to keep relevant information maximum available.
- When removing a folder from the Hot view confirmation is required to avoid accidental removing of folders from this view.
The following issues have been resolved:
New in build 6180/6181:
- Column sizes in the message list were not always maintained when closing/restarting NEO Pro (new since beta version 6170/6170).
- Beta version 6170/6171 had wrong sizing of the Tools, Options window.
- Including all changes of beta build 6170/6171 (and updated where needed).
Changes already included in beta version build 6170/6171:
- Having 2 or more Office 365 exchange accounts caused a fatal database error due to changes in Outlook of the identifiers of the underlying folders. The solution for this requires a full sync of the catalog at first startup of this new NEO Pro version. Whenever a catalog from a previous NEO Pro build is opened for first time with this version, NEO Pro will force a full sync in the foreground - please allow this full sync to finish before using this new version. In case of incidental errors during this initial synchronization, please close and restart Outlook and NEO Pro once synchronization has finished - NEO should now sync properly. After this first full sync NEO Pro will start and run normally.
- Right-click on Current folder in Categories and selecting New Folder caused a non-fatal error. Same when selecting a new folder in the Rules dialog.
- Text in the category edit field in the Category picker was cut-off for screens at 100% DPI.
- Other labels in various places in the user interface got cut-off with DPI larger than 100%. Most notably the column labels above the message list.
- Fatal Access Violation error on startup of NEO Pro 5 for latest Office 2016 update is solved in NEO Pro 6. Work-around for NEO Pro 5 users is to revert to an earlier build of Office 2016.
- Creating catalogs with multiple exchange mailboxes didn't show all relevant e-mail addresses - neither did the Your Addresses menu item.
- Importing older catalog information in the New Catalog Wizard failed under certain circumstances.
- Special characters in account names caused issues with the catalog configuration file which in turn caused problems with opening the catalog.
- Conversation grouping not always reliably including forward or reply e-mails. This has been improved in multiple ways.
- Conversation icon on the toolbar was not always showing correct status of this mode.
- When font size of the NEO Panes was set too large (under Tools, Options, Reading Pane tab) the lowest options on the Options window became inaccessible as they extended beyond the borders of the window. The Options window now becomes scrollable when font size becomes too large for the window to fit on the screen.
- Attachment names became unreadable at the attachment icon in the reading pane when hovering with the mouse above the attachment name.
- Improvements in color combinations used with the Outlook 2010 Ribbon Style for the various color schemes.
- Search string in NEO Pro was limited to 40 characters - occasionally this was too limited so this has been doubled.
- Text highlighting of search words not working with pure text messages.
- Next/Previous buttons missing in the Reading Pane (to the right of the Note icon in the reading pane header).
- Special characters in Correspondent Folder names showed incorrectly.
- On some configurations the error '‘Operating system currently not configured to run this application' is showing when installing/running NEO Pro. This is believed to be caused by mismatch in version of OLMAPI32.DLL. NEO Pro runs normally after clicking away the error. An uninstall/reinstall of Office might clear this issue. The issue is under investigation.
Additional information on this release
Click here for full details of what's new in v6.
NEO Pro 6.0 release history (build 6xx0 for x86 Outlook / build 6xx1 for x64 Outlook)
- NEO Pro 6.0 Build 603x (26 November 2015)
- T1211 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 605x (30 December 2015)
- T1213 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 607x (2 March 2016)
- T1214 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 609x (25 March 2016)
- T1215 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 612x (23 April 2016)
- T1216 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 614x (13 June 2016)
- T1219 - What's New - NEO Pro 6.0 Build 617x beta (6 October 2016)
Last updated: 21 October 2016